Jan 24, 2006

Time to Get a Move ON

Now that all the Big Events of 2005 (residency applications and interviews, etc.) and my trip to Africa are over, I am ready to move on. Now. I've come back to the Waiting Game.

I feel that my life is on hold until noon on March 16 - the big ol' Match Day. Just thinking about that day makes my little heart go a-pitter-patter, and I feel a tad light-headed. At the same time, I want it to be OVER, already. Just now, I went online and made my rank list - I was practically hyperventilating the whole time. And now that that is done, I want an answer! Now! Give it to me!!!

I really don't like waiting.

The decision of whether or not to widely share my rank list is weighing on my mind. On the one hand, why be secretive about stuff now, after laying out my whole life on this silly blog at other times? And, on the other hand... what if I match at like my fourth place? I don't want people to be feeling sorry for or superior to me. I'm only ranking five places, and I think I would be happy at any of them.

I have already started looking at real estate available at my top two choices. Which is kind of funny, because I have no freaking clue what I am doing, nor do I have ANY IDEA WHERE I'M GOING.

Sigh...

One of my friends has already matched. So jealous am I. AND, she matched at her top choice in a competitive field (thus the early match).

Here is a picture to calm me down: It is my favorite picture from my Africa trip. My favorite non-person picture, anyway.

Deep breaths, now. March 16 will be here before I know it.

And, what the heck. Here is my list. For now, anyway. I totally reserve the right to change it (until Febuary 22, when it becomes permanent):

1. University of California, Davis (Sacramento, CA)
2. University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ)
3. Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Campus (New York, NY)
4. Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC)
5. Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC)


Keep your fingers (and maybe toes, too, just to be safe) crossed for me.

No comments: