Apr 23, 2012

Day 52: Birth Announcements

I don't know what the "proper" time is to send out birth announcements, but I figured, the sooner the better. So, they hit the mail today! Yippee! I personally think they are are very cute (though not handmade), and was quite proud of them.

Until I saw this:

Full link here

This is an artsy/craftsy blog I follow by another Brenna (I love artsy/craftsy Brennas! And all Brennas, actually) She made a freaking FLIP BOOK of her baby, and mailed it to people. In sewn shut, hand calligraphied envelopes. It is adorable, and I wish I knew her personally so that I could get one of these in the mail. I believe she makes her living creating invitations and announcements for other people, so it makes sense her own would be quite elaborate. Still makes me wish I was that industrious, though!!

I still love the announcements we sent out. And I would bet that I love my Marian as much as she loves her little girl :)

Because who couldn't love this face:

No comments: