Aug 19, 2010

51 Days to Go: And They're Off!

I wanted to post these pictures on Monday when I actually mailed out the invitations, but time got away from me!

Anyway, if you haven't already realized it by now: the invitations are out! Huzzah! I spent many, many, manymanymany hours assembling these things. Some parts were just so horrifically tedious that I didn't even bother taking pictures of the process.

But! I love the end result. Love. I love them so much that I contemplated buying cheap invitations to actually send out to people so that I could keep the ones I'd made. In the end, however, I did not experience too much separation anxiety once the time actually came to send them out into the world.

Of course, I did have to do a photo shoot first.
Here, Natty Gann gives the invitations her final inspection.

Close up of the wrap around labels - my work around in lieu of hand writing nigh on 100 addresses. It isn't "traditional" to put labels on the envelope , but the wrap around label is Martha Stewart sanctioned, and I do believe that in this day and age M. Stew trumps Emily Post. (I don't know why I just called her M. Stew, other than as a reference to shortening names like J. Lo. And cause Martha's all hip like that*)

The trek begins!

...

Anyone going to ask why he has a back pack on?

Anyone?

Because we had to hike to a post office box in the middle of a jungle!!!

Just kidding, it was actually in the middle of a parking lot.

We have the packs, because we were taking a training hike for our honeymoon. Ooh lala! Doesn't everyone want to have to take training hikes for their honeymoons?? I had a 15 pound weight in my backpack. Man is that heavy! Thus the training.

Empty box, no separation anxiety.

And, I know at least some invitations have found a new home because: A) a few people have told me they got them, and B)

RSVPs!!!!! Four of them! That, right there, made this whole thing seem real.

Once more people have received their invites, I'll go into a little detail about how they were made. And how I managed to create them for less than $2.00 a piece. Not counting postage, obviously, which cost $1.08 per invite. The USPS loves them some wedding invites!

If any of you care, the 4 RSVPs give us a 44% accept rate so far.

* While I admire and appreciate Martha Stewart's craft and decorating skills, I did have a minor hissy fit every time Marc suggested we register for something "Martha Stewart" brand at Macy's. I have a thing about using things with people's names all over them. I'm talking to you Emeril, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, etc.

No comments: