Aug 27, 2010

43 Days to Go: Invitations - Now With Secret Spy Action!

Unless you happened to open our invitation near a Wood's lamp, in a skating rink, on Disney's Haunted Mansion ride, or some other place featuring black light, there was one part of it that was kept hidden to you.

It turns out that I'm spying on all of our guests. Or, tracking them, really. Because I learned from other brides, that one day, this would happen:
The guest who forgets to include their name, or whose writing is... difficult to decipher. I am inviting several doctors, so the latter is expected, right?

These RSVP's both came today. I was so excited! Time for my Spy Skillz!! Granted, I easily figured out who the top one was from, based on the cancellation location, and the fact that I recognize the handwriting from years of birthday and Christmas greetings. And I did eventually figure out the chicken scratch on the bottom card, too, it just took a few seconds.

Nevertheless, I was happy to get the chance to use my spy tools. During the invitation-making process, I got a pen that has invisible ink on one end, and a black light on the other end. I am trying to remember where I got the pen, but I'm having a brain freeze at the moment. It was a $2 pen that I bought from an online Chinese store. Hmm. I wonder if it has lead in it?

Any how, check out the pen at work:
Oh, yeah! Numbers 41 and 55 - you can't hide from me!!!

And for anyone keeping track: We've received about 25% of our RSVPs (our guests rock!) and we are at 83% acceptance rate. This is shaping up to be a big wedding, people. Bring your dancing shoes!

No comments: