Apr 24, 2007

Test Three of Three, Part the First

Guess what time it is, friends? No, not 9:45 pm. I mean... it is, but that's not what I'm Announcing. And it probably isn't what time you're reading this either, so why would you guess such a silly time? No, no, no. It is time for A Test. And not just a test. A Test. A Test. Remember how I've taken the Boards in the past? Did you wonder to yourselves, 'I wonder, self, if she is done with those pesky Boards now?' Probably not. But had you wondered such thoughts, the answer would have been thus: No.

First came Step One. Then the personal saga that was Step Two. Followed by - no not Step 3 - let us not forget the 'test' Step 2, Clinical Skills (sounds like a bad Hollywood blockbuster).

And now, now we get the joy of Step 3. Which, thrill upon thrills, is a two day test. Conventional wisdom says... actually, more like resident folklore says "Study two months for Step 1, two weeks for Step 2, and take a number 2 pencil for Step 3." I was going to do that, then realized that Step 3 is computerized... So I went ahead and did a number two pencil's worth of studying. Let's hope there are lots of Skillz locked away in my brain that will come to the forefront tomorrow and Friday. Yeah, the second day of my test is Friday, thus prolonging the agony. Sigh...

But then - THEN I will be done with tests.

Until the Pediatric Boards... Drat!

2 comments:

David and Ari said...

Good luck!! you'll do fabulous. . .

Susan said...

You're half done now!! And part 2 goes SOOOOO much faster!!! (well, an hour, at least...). Call when you need to vent about FRED. :)