May 10, 2006

And Then There Were None

No more school, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks!

We're done. For real. Like, totally and completely done. This is the goal that I've been working towards for way too long... I can really say: "No more school" and it is true - no quiet modifier ("until next year...") needed.

And now, the Graduation begins. We have about ten billion different activities - tonight I have an induction into the Humanism in Medicine honor society (people seem to think I'm nice...), followed by a class party - where we may (or may not) burn our short white coats (!!!). Tomorrow, most of my family comes (sans Melissa). Friday is an awards ceremony - I'm not winning anything, but I am presenting something. Saturday is the big semi-formal Faculty/Senior reception. On Sunday we get hooded, and then, finally, on Monday, we graduate.

A whirlwind of activity!

All requiring new clothes!!!

But, now, I have learned everything that I'm going to learn. I will be dumber on Monday than I am right now (short term memory will have cleared by then). Yet they're still going to let me be a doctor.

I would like to pontificate on the significance of moving into doctor-hood as a whole paradigm shift and how it will finally force me to acknowledge the fact that I am, indeed, an adult, and how today is the last Wednesday of my life that I will not be a doctor... but I just got an e-mail saying that I won't graduate unless I turn in this one financial aid form... So... I'd better go do that.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dont eff with FA, dude.