Dec 21, 2005

Not Dead... Just....

...Boring.

Seriously. I've gotten to the point of vacation where I need a vacation from my vacation. And on that vacation vacation, I'd have lots of responsibilities and duties and I'd have to do lots of thinking and get stressed out. In other words: I'm ready for vacation to be over. I need a meaning in life!

For those of you counting: that's about 6 weeks of sitting around doing absolutely nothing before it gets mind-numbingly boring. I'm actually surprised that I lasted that long! If you factor in a month of traveling for interviews, I guess I didn't really sit around doing nothing for six full weeks. In fact, it has only been two weeks since my last interview. So. Two weeks of absolutely no responsibility is enough for me.

BUT! Now. NOW things begin. Oh, yes. Tomorrow morning, my mother and my youngest sister and I are going to be in the studio audience of a local morning talk show. We're hoping that they give free stuff to the audience. And then Friday... well, I might bake or something. Then Saturday is all Christmas Eve and stuff. And Sunday is Christmas! And Monday is day-after-Christmas shopping (though I'm actually almost _bored_ of shopping). And Tuesday and Wednesday are prep days for Thursday when I LEAVE FOR AFRICA.

I recently got my itinerary - I shall post it here before I go, so you all can be jeal... I mean, so you can see what I'm up to.

Last week I got a manicure, and ended up with Barbie Doll pink nail polish on (it was called "First Class"). I didn't remove it until today. That's how bored/boring I've been.

But no more!

I have a travel pack, and a day pack, and a compression sack, patty whack, give the dog a bone!!

If anyone has any advice as far as what I should pack for three weeks in Tanzania, I would be oh-so-happy for the tips.

Here is a tip from Brenna:
Scan your passport into a file and e-mail it to yourself as well as carrying along extra copies of it on your person.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Nope. Sorry, you can't claim credit in my head for that one. Lynn Snyder gets the credit for that. Thanks for playing, though. :)