Dec 28, 2005

The Big Trip

I was really planning on doing a lot more posting before my trip, but that obviously didn't happen. You know how things manage to pile up and before you know it, you find yourself up until the middle of the night just tying together those little details? Well, I don't think I'll be up all night. I'm actually pretty well packed now. But I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I was on a roll this afternoon until the power went out. (Thank goodness it was only out for an hour!)

So, as promised, here is my itinerary (it is a bit messy, but I'm too tired to try to fix it much):

FRIDAY 30th December, 2005
Students Arrivals JRO / DAR
B/B MOSHI
LION HOTEL/DAR

SATURDAY 31st December , 2005
Hiking day for JRO arrivals. Travel day to Moshi for Dar arrivals. New years Dinner at Sal Salnero Hotel /Optional..
B/B Moshi

SUNDAY 1st January, 2006
Worship/rest/get organized; Program orientation at B/B House
B/B House

MONDAY 2nd January, 2006
Travel day to Bumbuli. Stop over at Soni Falls
BUMBULI G/HOUSE

TUESDAY 3rd January, 2006
Village Triage day One
BUMBULI G/HOUSE

WEDNESDAY 4th January, 2006
Village Clinic
BUMBULI G/HOUSE

THURSDAY 5th January, 2006
Village Triage Day Two
BUMBULI G/HOUSE

FRIDAY 6th January, 2006
Half Day Village Clinic, Late afternoon Travel to IRENTE
IRENTE CLIFF LODGE

SATURDAY 7th January, 2006
Travel to Moshi
B/B HOUSE SHANTY TOWN MOSHI

SUNDAY 9th January, 2006
Worship / travel Day to Rombo/Stop over at Marangu Waterfalls.
ROMBO LUTHERAN HOSTEL

MONDAY 9th January, 2006
Village Triage Full day
UHURU HOSTEL ROMBO

TUESDAY 10th January, 2006
Village triage Full Day
UHURU HOSTEL ROMBO

WEDNESDAY 11th January, 2006
Clinic Day at Church Dispensary
UHURU HOSTEL ROMBO

THURSDAY 12th January, 2006
Travel Day to Moshi
Evening to Faraja
FARAJA DIACONIC CENTRE

FRIDAY 13th January, 2006
Maasai Vilage
Triage full day
FARAJA DIACONIC CENTRE

SATURDAY 14th January, 2006
Masai Clinic at the Local Lutheran Church.
Full day/ Return To Moshi
B/B House Shanty Town Moshi

SUNDAY 15th January, 2006
Safari Day one Lake Manyara National Park, Game Drive. at Lake Manyara N/Park
TWIGA LODGE

MONDAY 16th January, 2006
Safari Day Two (Travel to Ngorongoro Crater for Crater Tour
KARATU LUTHERAN HOSTEL

TUESDAY 17th January, 2006
Safari Day Three Return back to Moshi- Masai shopping Centers On the way.
B/B HOUSE SHANTY TOWN MOSHI

WEDNESDAY 18th January, 2006
Travel Day to Dar es Salaam
LION HOTEL/OPTIONAL

19th January, 2006
Flights To U.S.A. BRITISH AIRWAY/KLM.


I don't really know much about any of the places on the itinerary. I can't wait to learn all about them!

Everyone keeps asking me if I am excited. Am I? Of course I am, sillies! At this point, I'm still worried that I'm forgetting something major. But in, oh about twelve or so hours, I'll be horribly excited - that's when my flight leave. (Of course, the first flight is to Detroit, so maybe I should wait until my second flight, for Amsterdam, leaves...)

FYI Tanzania is 11 hours ahead of Oregon, 8 hours ahead of North Carolina.

And now, I'll sign off. I don't expect that I'll have the opportunity to get online while I'm there, but if I do, I will surely update here. Take care everyone, and stay safe until I get home. Stay safe after that, too, of course... All the time, really....

No comments: