Dec 7, 2004

Flashing Lights!

Really, there are like ten kajillion things a day that I mean to comment on on my blog here (like the resident saying tes-ti-kyoo-lur cancer yesterday all weird) but then something else happens and I totally forget... Isn't it tragic? I know.

There may have been something that I was going to write about, but then I got pulled over by a police car. (aside: a whole web site for pictures of police cars??? Okay, then.) I knew it was coming - he actually backed up from where he had been turning right to get behind me, and then apparently looked through a little magnifying glass thing on his dash board. Ahh, yes. Light turned green, I started, and he turned on his flashy blue lights.

Question: I've been looking online, but can't seem to find out if there is any difference between red or blue or red and blue flashing lights. Anyone know?

Okay, so I was driving forward, with my blinker on, because I was FIFTY YARDS away from my apartment. Mr. Cop Man followed me into my parking lot, AND left the lights flashing. I'm sure all my neighbors think I'm of the criminal persuasion now.

Why, oh, why was dear, sweet, law-abiding, speed-limit heeding (most of the time) Brenna pulled over? Yeah, my license tags are expired. Since, like, September.

But, listen: I'm working on it! Kind of. I have the papers that need to be filled out to prove that my car is not actually in the state of Oregon, but have not had time to stop by the vehicle registration place to get the signature proving that my VIN number matches. Sigh.

I explained to Mr. Cop Man that I was working on the wholething. That was while I fumbled around trying to find the vehicle's registration. I didn't know what it looked like! I've never been pulled over before! Anyway, he ended up just jotting down my driver's license number and registration or something, then left. I don't think it was because I was so convincing, though, I think it was because he was being called away for a more pressing emergency.

Blah, blah. Ended up being kind of a boring story, huh? My sincere apologies.

Testimonial of the Day: I LOVE Goodwill. I spent (too much) time there tonight, and got: a sweater, a purse, and eighteen books (hee-hee!) for $16.05. How fantastic is that? Really, really fantastic, that is the answer.

Ugh. Research now for 15 minute presentation on Thursday. Blah, blah, blah.

No comments: