May 4, 2011

May the Fourth Be With You

It may not be an official holiday (except for those who practice Jediism), but today is Star Wars Day!

While I always appreciated the Star Wars movies, they have held a special place in my heart since about 7 pm on June 26, 2007. Give or take an hour. That was when the Man Who Would Become My Husband became very solemn and told me he had a secret. As I leaned in closer, I feared what dark skeletons may lie in his closet; I listened with 'bated breath and I will never forget the words he spoke. He leaned forward, crinkled his brow and declared, "I really like Star Wars." I, equally somber, replied: "I really like Harry Potter" (this was, of course, mere weeks before Book 7 was released) And thus, a relationship was born.

I will say, for a man who brought up Star Wars within hours of meeting him, Marc really isn't crazy about Star Wars. And by crazy, I of course mean this man:


He does watch the movies frequently, but usually at bed time, and even then it is interspersed with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or whatever movie I choose to put in. He does, however, appreciate a good Star Wars product, which makes him super easy to buy for. Star Wars mug? Check. Star Wars wall art? Check. Star Wars toy light saber? Check.


I appreciate the good Star Wars product myself (though I'm still more drawn toward HP paraphernalia).

Like this:
I want it! Check out the light saber scissors on the cover. Awe. Some.

To further celebrate Star Wars Day, I will leave you with some pictures of amazing, and not at all over-the-top craft/art projects that I would willingly have in my life:
Death Star Watermelon!

Carbonite-bound Han Solo? Cool.

Already got the pattern printed out, and plenty of yarn waiting to be Ewok-ified.

Only the smartest babies travel by AT-AT.

It's cross stitch, but I'm sure it could be altered into a knitting pattern.

Happy Star Wars Day to everyone! (and let me know when Harry Potter day is!)

...my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes... -Yoda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, how love my princess. You make the force in my life shine. I love you honey. No love potion needed.