Apr 27, 2011

Beauty Everywhere!

I'm at work. Again. This is my fifth shift in the past 12 days. By the time I drag my weary self home tomorrow morning, I'll have been at the hospital on 10 of the preceding 13 days. I am tired of being here, and bored of looking at the same things over and over and over again.

Like the break room:


But today, even in the midst of my over-worked ennui, the beautiful orchids by the window caught my eye.They've been there forever - or at least since I started working here (almost 2 years ago!)

I don't know who brought them, or who maintains them.
I certainly can't keep a plant alive for more than a month or two.

But these plants are gorgeous, and certainly a much-needed reminder to appreciate the beautiful things in life.
Even when you'd rather be any where else in the world!

Incidentally, my 5 shifts in 2 weeks works out to be about 60 hours a week. Significantly less than what I did as a resident during the busy months. Only two years out of residency, and I already canNOT imagine going back to such a ridiculous life. Or how I managed it in the first place!

No comments: